OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Reaction score
I have downloaded the new OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion software and have installed it Via USB harddrive. The problem i am having is it only works when the USB is plugged in, and if its not plugged in, it just uses its usual old OSX software. How do i get it so i don't have to have the USB plugged in to use the new mountain lion? and how do i get rid of the old OSX software on the computer so its simply only running mountain lion.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have downloaded the new OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion software and have installed it Via USB harddrive. The problem i am having is it only works when the USB is plugged in, and if its not plugged in, it just uses its usual old OSX software. How do i get it so i don't have to have the USB plugged in to use the new mountain lion? and how do i get rid of the old OSX software on the computer so its simply only running mountain lion.

Sounds to me like Mountain Lion is installed on your external hard drive…and not the internal. You need to install ML on the internal drive (choose your internal hard drive as the installation destination).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try booting from the thumb drive - hold down 'c' immediately after the chime. Go into Utilities > Disk Utility and erase disk, format Mac OS Extended, into Partition, single partition and under Options make sure GUID is selected., Back to the Installer and run the program.

Reaction score
I have just installed OSX Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro (mid 2010) and Illustrator & InDesign CS6 crash as soon as they are launched. Photoshop & Acrobat work perfectly! Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.