Latest WHQL drivers for 9600M

Reaction score
My new MacBook Pro came with the 176.44 driver. The latest Nvidia driver is 179.28 Beta. I'm playing FSX on Windows. Is there a newer WHQL driver than the one I have? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My new MacBook Pro came with the 176.44 driver. The latest Nvidia driver is 179.28 Beta. I'm playing FSX on Windows. Is there a newer WHQL driver than the one I have? Thanks

The best way to find out is to get on the nVidia web site and look for one. You state above you're using a beta driver. Are there any problems with it other than getting a warning from Windows when you installed it?

Also make sure you're using the latest version of DirectX.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry, what I'm saying above is that my current driver is 176.44. On Nvidia's site it only shows a Beta 'Notebook'driver, 179.28, not one specifically for the 9600M card. I would rather stay with WHQL, but newer than the current driver I have.

GeForce Release 179

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I understand now. It should be safe to go ahead and try the Geoforce beta driver. You can always roll back to the previous driver if you run into trouble with the beta. Just be sure you have a backup of your Boot Camp installation prior to any experimenting.

WinClone is free and is an excellent tool for backing up your Boot Camp partition.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.