Problem saving my network

Reaction score
Every time I turn on the mac or wake it up from sleep, the airport is not automatically connected, it asks me to select my preferred network. The "remember this network" is checked. The option to "remember any networks this computer had joined" is checked under system preference.

I am really stuck. I don't know what else to do. Anybody please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Have you, by chance, moved your System Preferences app from the default location in the Apps folder to somewhere else, like a subfolder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you ordered the sequence of Networks - u can drag them to change the order

OP
J
Reaction score
Have you ordered the sequence of Networks - u can drag them to change the order

The strange thing is, there are two networks in my preferred network box, and they are both the same. I tried to delete all of them before and manually added my network, the next time I go there I always see two of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try going into your prefs and dragging this/these files to desktop then reboot and reset your network to create a new file. If there is a problem with that you can always replace the file you dragged out. See here;

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If Collin's idea doesn't work, also try opening up the Keychain Access app and delete the item that is the "Airport Network Password" (under the "kind" column).

Reaction score
Is the "Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out" checked on System Preferences, Networks, Advanced page?

Uncheck that and order your networks on that page so that the one your airport is the first one listed.

OP
J
Reaction score
Is the "Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out" checked on System Preferences, Networks, Advanced page?

Uncheck that and order your networks on that page so that the one your airport is the first one listed.

Yes, that option is unchecked all these time.

OP
J
Reaction score
If Collin's idea doesn't work, also try opening up the Keychain Access app and delete the item that is the "Airport Network Password" (under the "kind" column).

Tried that one too...and that was actually what started the problem...It all started when I entered a wrong password and saved it, so deleted the Airport Network Password in keychain, then reconnected to my network again with the right password..

At first, I had to enter the password every time before I join the network, now it keeps my password, I just need to hit "join" and let it connect to internet.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for everybody's help! But I 've tried everything you guys suggested and everything I can think of...I guess I'll just have to bear with this extra step or reinstall my system...thanks everyone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When u were looking for that plist file, were you in the root Library or the User Library

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.