iCal alternatives

Reaction score
I have nothing against iCal, but it seems to lack the one capability that I need most.

Back in the early-mid 90s I used a very simple software product named Auspice for reminding me of appointments and such. It was not a personal organizer with address books, telephone numbers, or all the other things, its sole purpose was to remind me with a pop-up of an appointment.

What I really like about it was its ability to defer reminders in any increment. In other words, if a message popped up I could tell it to remind me again in 22 seconds of 12 years or 33 minutes, or whatever time delay I wanted.

Does anyone know of anything similar for OS 10.5?

Reaction score
I have nothing against iCal, but it seems to lack the one capability that I need most.

Back in the early-mid 90s I used a very simple software product named Auspice for reminding me of appointments and such. It was not a personal organizer with address books, telephone numbers, or all the other things, its sole purpose was to remind me with a pop-up of an appointment.

What I really like about it was its ability to defer reminders in any increment. In other words, if a message popped up I could tell it to remind me again in 22 seconds of 12 years or 33 minutes, or whatever time delay I wanted.

Does anyone know of anything similar for OS 10.5?
Sure Mozilla Sunbird is a great alternative to iCal:
Mozilla Sunbird®

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.