Default starting up to Windows?

Reaction score
I installed Windows XP with BootCamp on my MacBook Pro yesterday and now for some reason if I start up without holding option, it logs into Windows by default. Should it be the other way around? It should start up to Mac unless I hold option to choose Windows, right?

Is there any way to get it back to normal?

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Did you install all drivers?
If not to do so put the MAC Installation disc in drive and start the installer on windows
Then when everything is installed set boot up drive as the mac drive from the configuration menu>bootcamp
Oh and yes option key should show a dualboot menu

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Hit. I know I have to install the drivers, but here's the thing -- my Macbook came pre-installed with Leopard, so I don't have the Leopard disc. It only came with 2 installation discs, are those what you are referring to? If so, I just log into Windows then put both the installation discs in?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for the reply Hit. I know I have to install the drivers, but here's the thing -- my Macbook came pre-installed with Leopard, so I don't have the Leopard disc. It only came with 2 installation discs, are those what you are referring to? If so, I just log into Windows then put both the installation discs in?

Disc 1 is your Leopard disc - and that's the only one you'll need to pop in. This can also be set in Mac OS, under System Preferences => Startup Disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
To make it so it boots to leopard by default:
1) boot into leopard
2) open system preferences
3) click on startup disk
4) click on your mac osx drive
5) quit system preferences

that should do it...

and if you have not installed the "Mac Windows Drivers" onto you windows installation disk you should do it:
1) boot into windows
2) insert Disk 1 of your re-instillation disks that came with your computer
3) a window will come up and ask you if you want to install the mac windows drivers
4) follow the instructions

Hope This Helps...

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
That's correct

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.