Sm How i failed, to connect iphone & Mac via

Reaction score
Hello, Guys pls guide me on as to how .....u guys have connected ur MAC to iPhone via WIFI......while they are in the same router connection.....my phone says it is ready to connect to my mini....while i m wondering what else do i have to enable in my mini to connec t to my phone....all views and guides are much appreciated ........thx guys cheers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Go into iTunes, and plug your phone into your Mini. Then once you've done that, click on the iPhone in the sidebar, and then click "Summary". Then you have to scroll down to the bottom to where it says "Options".

There then should be a check-box that says "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi". Check that and you should be good to go!

It states that your iPhone (within iPhone settings) needs to be plugged into the mains for Wi-Fi sync, but this isn't the case. As I'm typing this, downstairs, my phone is upstairs by my bed and is quite happily syncing away!

Hope that helps somewhat.

OP
N
Reaction score
Go into iTunes, and plug your phone into your Mini. Then once you've done that, click on the iPhone in the sidebar, and then click "Summary". Then you have to scroll down to the bottom to where it says "Options".

There then should be a check-box that says "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi". Check that and you should be good to go!

It states that your iPhone (within iPhone settings) needs to be plugged into the mains for Wi-Fi sync, but this isn't the case. As I'm typing this, downstairs, my phone is upstairs by my bed and is quite happily syncing away!

Hope that helps somewhat.

Thx for your reply Chuckoir;....but i have already enabled that option...but i will go about it again ....just in case...cheers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
how do you think you failed? the icon that runs when your syncing your iPhone successfully to your mini and/or other Mac computer is 2 arrows that rotate circularly... that will appear in the top of your iPhone, next to the WIFI signal strength..

if you plugged in the phone and check the box that chuck mentioned thats about all you need to do..

IF you have your OSX updated, your iTunes, and your iPhone are all up to date. I'm guessing that is the case since you can see that check box that Chuck mentioned

if you are all up to date, and in fact have the box checked.. i again ask why you think you failed to connect the devices?

OP
N
Reaction score
how do you think you failed? the icon that runs when your syncing your iPhone successfully to your mini and/or other Mac computer is 2 arrows that rotate circularly... that will appear in the top of your iPhone, next to the WIFI signal strength..

if you plugged in the phone and check the box that chuck mentioned thats about all you need to do..

IF you have your OSX updated, your iTunes, and your iPhone are all up to date. I'm guessing that is the case since you can see that check box that Chuck mentioned

if you are all up to date, and in fact have the box checked.. i again ask why you think you failed to connect the devices?

i dnt know dude...maybe i have missed smthg...will try it when i get back..thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
ok, well when you come back.. try to get detailed.. your first post was cryptic at best.. if you see an error message or anything like that tell us what it said.. and when it happened..

OP
N
Reaction score
ok, well when you come back.. try to get detailed.. your first post was cryptic at best.. if you see an error message or anything like that tell us what it said.. and when it happened..

Thx Ttaylor fur your reply...i still can't seem to sync over wifi....the thing is i can't view my 3gs in iTunes menu when the cable is disconnected...i don't know what my mistake is....i have updated iTunes (pls see s/cap's)..it might be a simple thing that i have overlooked..but i can't rectify it pls help...thx...

i. capture while my cable is connecting the devices..

ii) capture of ware versions

iii) other captures which might give a idea

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 11.34.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 11.35.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 11.36.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 11.38.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 11.38.02 PM.png

OP
N
Reaction score
Cont'd...so when i disconnect the cable there is no connection between devices.....i know the captures are a bit unorganized...sorry about that....pls reply ...thx dude

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 11.37.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-12-18 at 12.00.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2011-12-18 at 12.00.55 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.