Wierd happenings

Reaction score
My macbook pro has started playing up toda.

I came to it this morning after forgetting to leave on charge to find my battery had gone flat, upon reconnecting to power i switched it on and my clock has been reset to 1/1/2004 and i had to type my password to get onto my wifi?

also getting about 4-5 application requests asking if they can use my incoming network connections?

i accepted all requests and reset my clock settings then i let battery run down again, upon restarting it did exactly the same thing again!!!!

Have i got a virus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
No virus. Sounds like something went wrong with the battery or even internal battery because your clock reset. Try reverting to a backup made or re-install your OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
My macbook pro has started playing up toda.

I came to it this morning after forgetting to leave on charge to find my battery had gone flat, upon reconnecting to power i switched it on and my clock has been reset to 1/1/2004 and i had to type my password to get onto my wifi?

also getting about 4-5 application requests asking if they can use my incoming network connections?

i accepted all requests and reset my clock settings then i let battery run down again, upon restarting it did exactly the same thing again!!!!

Have i got a virus?

No. In fact I believe it should do that when you run the battery down to 0. I know my iBook did it when I accident ran it completely out. The battery keeps settings such as date and time, and networks. Expect that to happen whenever you run your battery out. Not a big deal.

P.S. "Virus" does not mean "Computer problem that I don't understand" especially on a Mac. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.