Microsoft to hand out free Office 365 subscriptions to iPad owners . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Microsoft finally took the wraps off of its long-awaited Office for iPad suite this morning, only to reveal that most of its functions require a $99 subscription to the Office 365 service. Even though you can get a discounted subscription through Amazon, $70 may seem pretty steep. Rest assured, Microsoft is planning to offer free one-year subscriptions to the service tomorrow.

Microsoft to hand out free Office 365 subscriptions to iPad owners in retail stores tomorrow !!

Be one of the first 50 people to bring in a iPad® starting Friday 3/28 and Get Office 365 free for 1 year*

So who is next to or got a Windows Store in their neighbourhood ?? Go and jump in line for Free Office 365 and then become stuffed once it runs out. You get it for free, then become locked in (like Adobes CC) because if you don't pay afterwards, you won't have access to your 1st years worth of Documents lol

FARCE !!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Brent....

I'm here right now sitting in front of my local Target store with my iPad waiting for them to open in the morning so I can get my free subscription! ;P ;D

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So who is next to or got a Windows Store in their neighbourhood ?? Go and jump in line for Free Office 365 and then become stuffed once it runs out. You get it for free, then become locked in (like Adobes CC) because if you don't pay afterwards, you won't have access to your 1st years worth of Documents lol
You still have access to your documents (as far as I can tell) and, as a student, $1.67/mo is worth it if that gets me constant updates and new versions for free. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Microsoft to hand out free Office 365 subscriptions to iPad owners in retail stores tomorrow !!

FARCE !!!!

Do you have a link to where it says you won't be able to access your documents?

I don't see why everyone is in an uproar about MS Office for the iPad. It offers full compatibility that other apps do not, and my Office 360 subscription at $0.28 a day makes it a no brainer.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Do you have a link to where it says you won't be able to access your documents?

I don't see why everyone is in an uproar about MS Office for the iPad. It offers full compatibility that other apps do not, and my Office 360 subscription at $0.28 a day makes it a no brainer.

There is no link, but I meant your Documents will be Read Only as they are now, before you get the free 1Yr Subscription.

I think we are all allowed to uproar over the Subscription, as for me in in Aust its $120/yr

Adobe had to give in and dropped their Photography Bundle to PS CC and LR to $9.99, but I do realise now that even with Adobe, you still have your Docs in Behance that when you finish with them, can import to other such Apps like Pixelmator and GIMP.
But $120/yr to make and edit documents When Pages/Numbers/Keynote is now free . . No thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

I don't think there is any doubt that MS Office for the iPad will be best for those who need 100% compatibility. I'm not particularly fond of subscribing, but I will admit for some it may be the most economical way especially if you own more than one device.

As far as I know, MS is still committed to releasing Mac Office 2014 later this year, however, I suspect it and the Windows version (Office 2013) will be the last of the regular releases of Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.