IMac Help

Reaction score
Hello. I was just given an IMAC from a family member that found.. Long story short it has a password to log in and i have no idea how to del and install a new operating system... i have tried the command S and SnowLepard but it wont do anything.. If someone can Please help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Best solution is to go to Apple store or online, buy Snow Leopard OS X.6, pop it in the iMac, reboot holding down the 'C' key, go to Utilities, Disk Utility, and erase the hard drive, back to Installer and install new version and then update by download the OS X.6.7 Combo Updater.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361

OP
S
Reaction score
I have the Snow Lepard cd that came with my Mackbook that i bought this year and i have tried the C button also.. all it does .."Checking disk" and then to the loggin page with the password

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello. I was just given an IMAC 4G from a family member that found it.. Long story short it has a password to log in and i have no idea how to del and install a new operating system... i have tried the command S...C and SnowLepard but it wont do anything.. If someone can Please help
Static is online now Add to Static's Reputation Report Post
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Stumble this post
Edit/Delete Message

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
For one, you can't install Snow Leopard on an iMac G4 because it will only install on an Intel Mac. You'll need to obtain an OS X disk which is compatible with the machine. Can you be more descriptive of the model and do you know what version of OS X it has on it now?

A retail copy of either Tiger or Leopard will work and can be used to boot the machine and change the password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The snow leopard disk that came with your macbook will not work on another model.. and certainly not on a g4.

OP
S
Reaction score
The model ??? its the one that has the monitor that moves around and the system looks like a half circle... and when i boot it up all it say's is OS X with the persons name and password part.. other then that i cant do anything to it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post! I merged both your threads into one. Cross posting causes confusion and clutters the forums with unnecessary posts.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
Please do not cross post! I merged both your threads into one. Cross posting causes confusion and clutters the forums with unnecessary posts.

Thanks.

I was confused !:\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.