Face time and iMessenger - Parental controls?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got an ipod for my young daughter for Xmas. Just setting it up for her tonight.

I want my daughter to have access to face time and imessenger. Mainly for me and her mam to be able to call and such. I don't want just anyone to be able to add her and start a conversation with her for obvious reasons!!

Under restrictions I can see how I can enable messages and face time but cant see any further control than that.

What would be ideal would be if I could block her adding new contacts and then only allow facetime calls and iMessenges from this list. Is this possible? Or is it just all or nothing?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got an ipod for my young daughter for Xmas. Just setting it up for her tonight.

I want my daughter to have access to face time and imessenger. Mainly for me and her mam to be able to call and such. I don't want just anyone to be able to add her and start a conversation with her for obvious reasons!!

Under restrictions I can see how I can enable messages and face time but cant see any further control than that.

What would be ideal would be if I could block her adding new contacts and then only allow facetime calls and iMessenges from this list. Is this possible? Or is it just all or nothing?
Unless someone knows how to, there is no possible option that can block from adding new contacts under restrictions.

You could jailbreak. But it would add a risk to your daughter's iPod and it's not possible at this time.

@ChrisMan287 - What kind of post is that?

D

OP
K
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys.

Seems a little lame they dont allow parents to go further into this. (and other aspects)

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys.

Seems a little lame they dont allow parents to go further into this. (and other aspects)
Sorry Kola. One more thing I could suggest is maybe put the contacts app onto a folder and hide at the bottom of the folder. Maybe she won't find it.

You could put the suggestion in a feedback to Apple and they may add it in their upcoming OS next year in June: Apple - Feedback

D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.