When selecting a song, how do you choose whether the album art fills the screen?

Reaction score
This has been bugging me because it should be simple and obvious, yet I am still dumbfoiled. Sometimes when I select an album's song in the iPod app, the album art enlarges to fill the entire screen. Other times, I select an album's song within the square song list (with all the other albums in view behind--this is with "albums" viewing option selected at the bottom of the screen), and the song list stays within the square without the list or the album art filling the entire screen. I generally prefer the latter, but please tell me what makes the difference. Don't make me e-mail Steve Jobs.

C

chas_m

On my iPhone (which is, of course, also an iPod), album art only "fills the screen" when I hold the iPhone vertically; when I switch to horizontal orientation, it shifts to "CoverFlow" mode.

Maybe some information on what kind of iPod you have would help.

Reaction score
On my iPhone (which is, of course, also an iPod), album art only "fills the screen" when I hold the iPhone vertically; when I switch to horizontal orientation, it shifts to "CoverFlow" mode.

Maybe some information on what kind of iPod you have would help.

I believe since this is in the iPad section of the discussion board, he is talking about an iPad. I have had this same problem, but I think chas_m is right, I think it fills up depending on which way the screen is orientated.

Thanks dude.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.