Pairing JBL Clip with Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I just purchased a JBL clip bluetooth speaker and I paired it successfully with my iPhone but the bluetooth won't work with my Mac. I can only get the sound to come out of the JBL with my Mac if I plug in the microphone. I paired the JBL Bluetooth with the Mac and it says "Successfully Paired" and when I pull down the Bluetooth icon from the menu bar it's showing that it's paired, but there's no sound coming out of it if I unplug the mic. Do I need to change some settings on my Mac perhaps? Please help!!! Thank you. Sherry

Reaction score
Did anyone ever respond to you offline

Hi...I'm thinking about purchasing the JBL Clip. Did anyone ever respond to your question offline? Did you find a work around? Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Good News!

Hi...I'm thinking about purchasing the JBL Clip. Did anyone ever respond to your question offline? Did you find a work around? Thanks for sharing.

Hi There

Good news is you can! When I first bought my JBL Clip and the Micro Wireless, both were unable to pair with the Macbook Pro 2012. However after the El Capitan update, it seems to be working fine. Pair the speakers just like you would pair an Apple Mouse or Apple Keyboard through System Preferences> Bluetooth> and Pair the item!

It works perfect and its a great investment. If all else fails, you can use the 35mm headphone jack which is what I have been doing since I bought these things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.