• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Sony MPEG files into iMovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook!
I tried searching forums and found this thread:

http://www.macworld.com/forums/ubbt...=135102&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=7&o=&fpart=1

The only problem is when I demux my files, bbDemux does not put a .mpa and .mpg in my export folder (it puts in a .asc and .m2p?).

Does anyone have a step by step for me? Any help will be appreciated. This is a video of a camping trip I took with some buddies and I'd love to put together a DVD for us all. I am relatively new to the mac world and video editing in general. Thanks a million.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Try mpegstreamclip or ffmpegX for demuxing it. Both freeware, though you may need the quicktime mpg2 component from apple. Not free, about $20

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook!
Try mpegstreamclip or ffmpegX for demuxing it. Both freeware, though you may need the quicktime mpg2 component from apple. Not free, about $20

Thank you so much! ffmpegx works perfectly for my files. This is awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.