Can't play sims 3 on imac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I installed Sims 3 onto my imac but the game won't start!! It starts up and then disappears. No warning, no nothing. What should i do?!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How about giving us your iMac's specs.

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
um.. i just bought my imac
3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor with 4MB level 3 cache; supports Hyper-Threading

thank you!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
um.. i just bought my imac
3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor with 4MB level 3 cache; supports Hyper-Threading

thank you!

iMac's have been around since 1998 (that's 12 years)...so posting a thread with a title that says, "Can't play Sims 3 on iMac."...is a pretty open ended question...and could have meant almost anything from a hardware perspective.

Good to hear that you have a new iMac...you really shouldn't have any problem running Sims 3 on it. I would do two things:

- reinstall Sims 3 again
- before you launch Sims 3 for the first time...search the internet for any Sims 3 updates...and if there is one...install it before launching Sims 3.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
thank you for your fast reply. I did all those things already,still doesn't work.. maybe I missed some steps along the way. Thanks again!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you for your fast reply. I did all those things already,still doesn't work.. maybe I missed some steps along the way. Thanks again!

There really shouldn't be any problems installing & running Sims 3 on your iMac. The computer clearly meets the system requirements for the game.

I hate to ask...but did you install the game from original install disks...or is this a file you downloaded somewhere on the internet?

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
i downloaded it on bittorrent --the .iso version.

I installed it on windows 7 and there wasn't any problem..So i was hoping that it will work on imac too :\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I installed it on windows 7 and there wasn't any problem..So i was hoping that it will work on imac too :\

Why would you assume this...unless you know 100% for sure that an install disk or file includes both a Windows & Macintosh version.

Otherwise...software for a Windows computer & a Macintosh have always had separate versions...so if this version of Sims 3 is a Windows only version...it will not work on a Mac.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

You downloaded an illegal copy. In other words, you didn't pay for it, it was pirated. And, Windows versions do not work on a Mac.

Buy the official Sims 3 Mac OS X version from your local software supplier store and don't expect any further assistance for illegal activities.

This thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.