• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I thought everyone in Canada speaks English and French or is that not the case ?
Not even close (unfortunately). In certain parts of the country, you get high bilingual populations but in most, it's one or the other. Actually, depending on where you are, you may see high concentrations of bilingual people but it will be English/French and a third language instead of English and French.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reminds me of here in Texas where folks speak "Spanglish". :p

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I use to play WoW in a French Canadian guild. Probably the nicest group of people I ever played with. But it was really interesting listening to them speak french. I swear it sounds like someone speaking without trying to use a french accent along with an American accent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
. . I don't agree to things if it's not offered in English. :p

From your following posts you did alright (with the conversation part) ;)

Had a couple of nice ales and nodded off on the couch and when i open my slits i had Micheal Knight and K.I.T greeted me.
Do like that show, having grown up with it. Next came the A Team followed closely by Dukes of Hazzard. Had a vey nostalgic morning of TV. Even now 2 months short of "life begins @ ..." i enjoy watching them. Katherine Bach is the one and only Daisy Duke in my eyes. That Simpson girl is yes in anyones eyes not too shabby, but she just didn't pull off Daisy IMHO.

And the A-team episode was the one were they had to knock B.A.Barraccus out to get airborne ;0

rambling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Took my new bike out on a local single track trail today. Probably did ~8-10 miles. It was a lot of fun, and I love my new bike. The guy I went with said what we rode was probably one of the most technical areas to ride locally, and side I did very well considering I haven't done anything like that before. I only fell off the bike once, but clipped a couple of trees because they were so close together.

But man, am I going to be sore tomorrow. Can't wait to hit some more trails.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But man, am I going to be sore tomorrow. Can't wait to hit some more trails.

Congrats on the long ride...too bad about the fall...hopefully you didn't get scraped up too badly.

Yeah...you're gonna be sore!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats on the long ride...too bad about the fall...hopefully you didn't get scraped up too badly.

Yeah...you're gonna be sore!;)

- Nick

I have a nice bruise on my palm and a few scratches, but that's about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Come on Rob 'ole mate. Im up for a game or 2 haha

20120412-bxmcrt7rhsxhyqikpsd5k9nuxb.jpg

Or any takers lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Rode another ~8 miles this morning. Nice ride, the weather was perfect, low 50°F. Don't feel as tired as I did the first few times I went out. Guess that's a good thing. I predict by the end of summer, if I keep this up, I'll have tree trunk legs.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Rode another ~8 miles this morning. Nice ride, the weather was perfect, low 50°F. Don't feel as tired as I did the first few times I went out. Guess that's a good thing. I predict by the end of summer, if I keep this up, I'll have tree trunk legs.

Sounds pretty awesome. Low 50's is usually pretty nippy for many cyclists...especially if you're going a pretty good pace.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eh, in the trees, low 50s is perfect. I still worked up a good sweat. But out on the road, yeah low 50s would be a bit cold.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eh, in the trees, low 50s is perfect. I still worked up a good sweat. But out on the road, yeah low 50s would be a bit cold.

It of course depends on what you're wearing. I wouldn't recommend cycling shorts, a short-sleeved t-shirt, while riding 15+ mph in low 50's temps.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back from another bike ride. Well, more like a ride in the swamp. Trails where I went were insanely wet. I didn't go out for long. Wasn't expecting that much water. Got a good workout though.

I'm definitely getting more in shape. I've ridden every day this past week, except for tuesday.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back from another bike ride. Well, more like a ride in the swamp. Trails where I went were insanely wet. I didn't go out for long. Wasn't expecting that much water. Got a good workout though.

I'm definitely getting more in shape. I've ridden every day this past week, except for tuesday.

Sounds like you've improved quite a bit!:) I bet your bike needed a good hosing down after the ride (if it was both muddy & wet)...and you might have gotten pretty dirty as well...if following someone, or if you don't have fenders (which most folks don't).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you've improved quite a bit!:) I bet your bike needed a good hosing down after the ride (if it was both muddy & wet)...and you might have gotten pretty dirty as well...if following someone, or if you don't have fenders (which most folks don't).

- Nick

Yeah, we both got a good shower once I got home. I just hose and clean down the important parts like the drivetrain and brakes so they stay clean and working.

I've thought about fenders, because I use the bike to get to work too, but haven't bothered yet. Mostly because if I go out in the morning before work, the mud is usually dry by the time I have to leave for work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Lovely day to go biking here in Fort Worth today. The temp hit 92 F. You wouldn't need to hose down your bike or yourself - you and the bike would be drenched in sweat. I made the mistake of doing yard work. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd hire someone to do it for me. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lovely day to go biking here in Fort Worth today. The temp hit 92 F. You wouldn't need to hose down your bike or yourself - you and the bike would be drenched in sweat. I made the mistake of doing yard work. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd hire someone to do it for me. :p

Yeah, but from what I've seen online, there are some amazing trails in Texas and the rest of the mid-west. I'd love to spend some time out west hiking, biking and backpacking all over.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Oh man, the weather here has been so confusing. One day, it's 5-10° and rainy and the next (like today) it's 15-20° and sunny. I can't wait until summer is in full swing and there's some consistency in the temperature (sorry, I only do metric :p).

Completely unrelated, I got a new phone today. It wasn't an iPhone... (feel free to insert comments). ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll be ok with you getting a new phone as long as it's not an Android or Blackberry. If it was one of those, you need to revoke your staff privileges.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What am I left with? Maemo? Haha. Sorry to disappoint but it's Android. :p

And no, like all people with power, I refuse to give it up. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.