New Mac - wallpaper?

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum, and new to owning a Mac. I just purchased a Macbook, the mid-level one. I have a rather stupid question, and do expect me to take full advantage of your much advanced knowledge of Macs with many more stupid questions. The question is... How do you apply a wallpaper to the desktop? Say, for example, from Google Image search, and also from your own photo albums on the harddrive? Any information would be helpful. Thanks a bunch, any help you can offer is better than what I'm working with.

P.S. Note that my laptop is not the MacBook Pro, but just the Macbook. For some reason the drop-down prefix option only has MacBook Pro and something else. Sorry.

~New and nervous Mac convert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The reason why it only shows Macbook Pro is because you're posting this in the Powerbook/Macbook Pro section. If you post it in the iBook/Macbook section, then you'll see the Macbook option ;)

Back to your question. Go to your System Preferences (it's the white icon in the Dock that looks like a light switch with an Apple logo next to it). Click on Desktop & Screen Saver, and make sure the Desktop tab is selected at the top. You can now choose which wallpaper you'd like. To browse for more folders, just hit the "Choose Folder..." option on the left side

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Moved to the correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
You can also get Mac OS X to cycle between different backgrounds in a folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The reason why it only shows Macbook Pro is because you're posting this in the Powerbook/Macbook Pro section. If you post it in the iBook/Macbook section, then you'll see the Macbook option ;)
Actually, it has nothing to do with MacBook hardware... its an OS question so it should go to the Software forums. ;):D

Already taken care of though. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.