Firefox 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
Can't seem to get a download going on windows.

Keeping Safari on me Mac! :D

(can't believe he got banned)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
Just got it. So far so good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
finally got the download.

So far its okay.

much cleaner, tabs handle better.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The server is getting hit HARD. So if you want it, hang in there. I have it installed on my iMac.

I always use Firefox as a backup. Version 3 looks so much nicer on OSX than 2 ever did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yep downloaded it.. and man it's awesome, working well so far.. really bummed that most of my add-ons are not compatible :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 C2D/4GB Corsair/250GB WD2500BEVS - iPod Classic 80GB
I was able to grab it about 3 hrs ago. So far, so good and it seems to work well w/ adblock plus!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've been running Firefox 3 since before the RC days, so I'm quite excited about the final release! :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I've been running Firefox 3 since before the RC days, so I'm quite excited about the final release! :D

Ditto here. I have been messing it back with one of the early Beta's. There was one Beta that locked a lot but that got taken care of with the next one.

The Final version looks very nice.

Reaction score
Yuck. I just downloaded it and I hate it (so far)! It's so much slower on my computer (late '07 macbook) than the previous version!

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like it?

Reaction score
I have been using it since RC1 and for some reason it "forgets" my settings in Google web search. I have it set to display 50 searches per page and it keeps reverting back, seems to be a problem with cookies. I have erased my private data and cookies hoping for the settings to stick but no luck yet!

Reaction score
It blew away some of my add-ons, but most were updated. Runs slick on the old G4 PowerBook, less memory requirements so far! On the MacPro it runs much faster. Did you do a restart, cindyg86? Might just need its little brain refreshed.

Reaction score
Firefox 3 looks sooooo much better than 2 on my MBP... It's definitely a setup and the speed doesn't seem to be any slower. I haven't noticed much of a speed up either though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
I downloaded it and tried it out but didn't like the way it handled bookmark organization, so I'm back to FF 2.0.0.12...

Reaction score
So it is much faster than the old FF... LOL that is not saying much. Safari will always perform better as it has the latest software technology and is much better integrated for mac that FF3 will ever be. Sorry but I trashed by stupid PC because I didn't want to have 10 applications for each thing I needed to do and I am not about to start that bad habit with my new iMac.

Good bye FF, wasn't nice knowing ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I LOVE firefox 3. I have always been faithful to FF but this is a good step in a good direction. I think FF3 runs a lot faster and is integrated so much better with Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Safari is slower than FF on my box. Not only is it slower, but there are other issues about it that irritate the heck out of me. The poor pop-up implementation etc get to me. Even with Safari 4. It's always interesting how these things behave for different people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
so whats the advantage to FF3 over Safari? I've never had any problems with Safari other than that every once in a while it hangs when loading a page so I have to close it and reopen it, be that's it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I downloaded Firefox 3 also. And it seems to be slower than version 2 at loading up web pages for me. And also in FF3 you can't delete your browsing history without also deleting your downloads history. I liked how I could do it in FF2. Just cause I don't like having a hugely long browsing history. And now you can not go to a downloaded file directly from FF's download manager screen

Apart from those 3 things, I think FF3 is a major improvement and it looks really nice too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Check out this post on how Firefox still doesn't look right. Actually I installed it and it still felt a little weird. A little googling brought me to that page. FF3 is a major improvement in terms of UI for the mac, but it still needs to go completely Cocoa (and no, Camino doesn't quite cut it). Anyway, I'm back to Safari. Works best for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.