auto spell check help

Reaction score
so i have the auto spell checker turned on in safari and it is great at telling me when i have spelled something wrong, by underlining it with a red line. however, how the heck do i see what the correction options are? i was ok with the trial and error method until i hit the word 'conscientious' today and just couldn't spell it right. sigh, i ended up googling it - there's an easier way, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Secondary click (aka right click) on the word.

If your on a MacBook(pro) with out a mouse: Then hold ctrl and then click

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks - i am indeed sans-mouse, i guess that was the source of my frustration. geez, would it have killed mr. mac to put a right click on the touch pad?

also is there any good guide for little shortcuts like this - i haven't been able to find one yet......

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Control click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
good guide for little shortcuts like this
you have not told us what mac and OS you are using, but if u r using 10.6.3 then have a look in Sys Prefs/Keyboard/Keyboard shortcuts - there are a number listed there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
thanks - i am indeed sans-mouse, i guess that was the source of my frustration. geez, would it have killed mr. mac to put a right click on the touch pad?
If you have a unibody laptop then the trackpad has a built in two button right-click feature. You can either do a two finger click or turn on the right-click feature in system preferences to divide the lower half of the trackpad into a left and right click like on a traditional Windows laptop. I prefer doing it the second way because my muscle memory is just so used to right-clicking in that general location.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.