missing photo library

Reaction score
I opened photo booth and noticed that the library was empty. I then checked iphoto and all my photos are also gone. I didnt do anything to delete these photos. Any suggestions as to where they are, can I recover them and how/why did this happen. Using 10.4.11

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I opened photo booth and noticed that the library was empty. I then checked iphoto and all my photos are also gone. I didnt do anything to delete these photos. Any suggestions as to where they are, can I recover them and how/why did this happen. Using 10.4.11

The most likely explanation is you have accidently created a new (empty) iPhoto Library. The old one is probably still on your system along with all of your pictures. You should be able to find it quickly using Spotlight.

Once you find it, double-click on it and it will open in iPhoto.

OP
J
Reaction score
I tried to find an additional iphoto file but I didn't. I found where the photos are but it seems that iphoto app does not know how to find them. Did a restart but that did not help. I am looking through whatever reference material I can to see if I can direct the app to look for the photos. Any additional input would be helpful. Thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I tried to find an additional iphoto file but I didn't. I found where the photos are but it seems that iphoto app does not know how to find them. Did a restart but that did not help. I am looking through whatever reference material I can to see if I can direct the app to look for the photos. Any additional input would be helpful. Thanks

Did you find the library?

As far as getting iPhoto to load them, if they are in folders, just drag the folders onto the iPhoto Icon and it will import them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.