glass touchpad help please

Reaction score
i recently got a new aluminum macbook. my glass touchpad is doing something that i consider to be strange. can someone help me out? does yours make like a clicking or interesting metal type noise when toucned lightly or when scrolling for example? or might mine be defective? shouldnt it feel "tight"?

OP
M
Reaction score
no its...

its more like tapping a piece of metal on top of another piece of metal. make sense kind of?

Reaction score
i get it. It sounds like you may want to make a trip down to your local apple store and see what they think of it. Its better to do it now while its under warranty than wait and be screwed one day when its out of warranty and stops working

Reaction score
its more like tapping a piece of metal on top of another piece of metal. make sense kind of?

I think it's normal...unless when you tab it..It makes like this cracking noise then it may be defective but just tabbing it and makes a sound is normal I'd say..

OP
M
Reaction score
yeah but...

its only 2 days old and its definitely not jst the tapping or clicking you feel/hear when pushing the touchpad. this feels like somethng is loose. ill goto apple store tomorrow, make appt at genius bar and see what they have to say. ill say this, my wife's mb and my mb pro do not do it (although they dont have glass touchpads either)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
let me know how it goes

Reaction score
I hate going to the genius bar; 90% of the people always seem to be there because they cant figure out how to set up their email...

Reaction score
Take your Mac book to the Apple shop. You can then check out if the noise you are hearing is normal by checking out one of the store models. If it's the same you can smile and leave. If not you can get it checked out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
What happened? Was it the normal noise or was it something else?

OP
M
Reaction score
well..it was absolutely defective and after a little persuasion they gave me a brand new one (which had its faults as well since i had to transfer and install all my programs etc which took over 5 hours but oh well). anyway, the ones in ther store were cool and mine obviously wasnt so they exchanaged it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.