Hello

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 ghz intel core 2 duo, 2gb of ram.
alright so I purchased a new 24" iMac and I am using a wireless connection. But it is weird, my airport will random switch off of my wireless network, even though it is still up and running beautifully. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Is there a trick? Is there a time out? Because about every 20 mins I get booted off my wireless network and I have to select the wireless network again, it is very frustrating. If you have a suggestion it's greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
hi, i'm also interested in any replies to this as this happens to me alot with my iMac 17". My iMac kind of goes through phases of doing it alot, then not for a few days/weeks, it's very frustrating, especially if you leave something to download and it keeps being stopped. I have checked the router when the connection from my mac fails, and is always still connected to the internet and wireless still on etc..is very strange!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Try going to

Apple>System Preferences>Network

Make sure the connection type you want as your primary is at the top ie I am hard wired so ethernet is first then airport is second

Delete the ones you do not need

Also try turning off sleep options as this can cause them to drop off hte wireless due to inactivity by the router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
You might want to try logging into your wireless router settings and adjusting the wireless channel.

It could also be your ISP, and might want to contact them to make sure everything is ok.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 ghz intel core 2 duo, 2gb of ram.
hi, i'm also interested in any replies to this as this happens to me alot with my iMac 17". My iMac kind of goes through phases of doing it alot, then not for a few days/weeks, it's very frustrating, especially if you leave something to download and it keeps being stopped. I have checked the router when the connection from my mac fails, and is always still connected to the internet and wireless still on etc..is very strange!

That's interesting because mine will do that and well I'm sick of it. I haven't found a fix yet. It's annoying to say the least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
yeah it is annoying, i've followed all the steps on here to prevent it happening in the future, but as i mentioned before, it doesn't do it all the time, and thankfully it's not done it for a while. lets hope it stays that way!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.