two problems with leopard.....plzz help me solving them

Reaction score
hi there,
first: i tried hard to add a hotmail account to my mail in leopard but its not working.(i already have a gmail account on mail but i want to add a hotmail account as well)

can u pllzzzzz tell me how to do that(provide me with the steps)?

second: whenever i send a file to the trash,i hear the voice that indicates that the file has been sent but actually its not.It remains undeleted.
i want to know why the files i delete does not go to trash???

thank u so much for ur time

Reaction score
I think you have to provide more detail so that people can try to help.

For example, on your second question, when you Click to Open Trash, do you see the files you deleted? Have you done an Empty Trash?

hi there,
first: i tried hard to add a hotmail account to my mail in leopard but its not working.

second: whenever i send a file to the trash,i hear the voice that indicates that the file has been sent but actually its not.It remains undeleted.And i cant empty the trash from the files i had before. Y is that???????

thank u so much for ur time

Reaction score
hotmail doesnt seem to work with the latest safari...download firefox and use that for hotmail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
hotmail doesnt seem to work with the latest safari...download firefox and use that for hotmail
That's not what he/she is talking about.
hi there,
first: i tried hard to add a hotmail account to my mail in leopard but its not working.(i already have a gmail account on mail but i want to add a hotmail account as well)

With Hotmail you have to pay for POP3 access. If you don't pay for it then you can not add it to Mail. Pllzzzzz search the boards a bit for more information if you need it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well hotmail works just fine with the latest version of Safari.

Hotmail itself does not work with any mail program including Outlook Express unless you have an older grandfathered account (which mine is) or you pay for Hotmail Plus (or whatever they're calling it now) without work arounds.

If you have one of these two types of hotmail accounts, you can use an app called httpmail. This is basically a plugin for mail. The developer is still working on it's Leopard compatibility, but it is working. I use it, and best of all, it's freeware. I have a link for the latest version in this thread, post #67. This is a great thread to subscribe to. You have many members posting their new finds of Leopard compatible software there.

Need more info on your second issue. From where and exactly how are you moving files to the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.