iMovie question

Reaction score
I'm new to iMovie, and I see that it has imported video clips it found from my iPhoto library. However, I have video in other directories on my hard drive. How do I add them to iMovie? Also, it doesn't seem to handle anything but .avi clips. Is there not a way to import .divx clips or other formats?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
I don't have a Mac in front of me right now but you click the import button and do...stuff, lol. Or you can simply open the drive or file in which the clip is being kept and simply drag and drop to iMovie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I don't have a Mac in front of me right now but you click the import button and do...stuff, lol. Or you can simply open the drive or file in which the clip is being kept and simply drag and drop to iMovie.

Dragging and dropping would probably be easiest. Although you could always do some "stuff" lol ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
lol, i cudnt think of another way to explain it. :p

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks. What about the second part of my question? Is it possible to get iMovie to import other formats besides .avi?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.