Apple releases Airport Extreme Security Update 2007-02

Reaction score
Please excuse my shameless ignorance but...

I have downloaded the update - is that all I need to do?! Does this update the base station itself (I have the new n extreme that has been causing me some grief) or do I have to do something else? (I'm new to wireless - can you tell?!)

Cheers.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Thanks for the heads up.

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Please excuse my shameless ignorance but...

I have downloaded the update - is that all I need to do?! Does this update the base station itself (I have the new n extreme that has been causing me some grief) or do I have to do something else? (I'm new to wireless - can you tell?!)

Cheers.

This is an updated version of the driver for the AirPort card in your MacBook. Any updates to your router will be released by your router manufacturer and are specific to the router. This is simply a replacement for the existing driver that fixes a number of bugs introduced with the 2007-01 update. You need only install the update and reboot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I don't know but ever since I updated my signal strength got weak :( It used to get weak every now and and then but now it does it more frequently. Ggggrr...I guess I could live with it.

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I don't know but ever since I updated my signal strength got weak :( It used to get weak every now and and then but now it does it more frequently. Ggggrr...I guess I could live with it.

There are a number of variables that impact signal strength, it could be that one of your neighbors just got a shiny new wireless router that is now competing with your router on the same channel. In addition to that, any other device that works on the 2.4GHz spectrum (cordless phones are a good example) can also impact your signal strength. You can try moving your router around a bit. Generally speaking, the higher and more centralized you can move your router, the better signal strength you'll get throughout your home. Also, if the router is placed near an outside wall, your signal could be extending out, away from your home's interior.

Try experimenting with different channels as well as switching your router to WPA2 security and finding a better location for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.