need a slideshow app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Imovie? looks like it does everything that software can and its free

for more basic presentations, Keynote or Neo office

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Or you can directly burn to DVD using iDVD. Also, try this app Photopresenter. Smokin' slideshows with that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Evidently, i'm retarded or something because I acan't get the Slideshow in os x to work for me. Yeah, I've tried all of those suggestions in the other posts... like go to list view and sort them how i need them, but slide show still jumbles 'em all up. and none of the other apps I've found has a "sort by creation date" option. And I don't want to have to start my Windows VM everytime I wanna see a slide show...

Thanks Everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iPhoto presenter is one, think its like $10.

Reaction score
If you put them in a folder in the order you want them to be in, and hit  + A
and right click on one and select slideshow and it will make a slide show with all the pictures in the order that they are in the folder.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted, I hoped I helped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhoto presenter is one, think its like $10.

Thanks! would you know if this app supports like 1000 pics?

If you put them in a folder in the order you want them to be in, and hit  + A
and right click on one and select slideshow and it will make a slide show with all the pictures in the order that they are in the folder.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted, I hoped I helped.

Yeah, that is one of the things that I tried before... doesn't seem to work with a bunch of pics...

cocoaviewx used to work. I might give that another try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have no idea how many photos it will work with.

M

MacHeadCase

Mac OS X's Slideshow will work... but it takes a long time to load all the photos in cache and you see the coloured spinning pizza!

I had a folder with some 200-300 photos I wanted to view for a first cut and at first I thought Finder needed to be quit and relaunched. After about one minute and a half, it finally came out of its pizza wheel and allowed me to choose the Slideshow thingy.

I've heard some very good thing about Toucan but it's PowerPC-only (doesn't work with Intel-based Macs) for now. Have no idea if the developer will be updating his app in the near future or not. You could email him to find out...

M

MacHeadCase

*Merged two same subject threads. Please use the search function. These threads were posted only a day apart...*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*Merged two same subject threads. Please use the search function. These threads were posted only a day apart...*

I did... didn't look through all of them though as they were mostly talking about how to get it done with finder, sorry though.

but to add to you previous post machead, When I select that many pics, no matter how I have them arranged in the list view, I still only get about 150 of them in random order. However when i select them in the column view, I get them in the right order, but it seems that I have no option to arrange them by date created; my only "option" is by filename... am I missing something here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.