Mail Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I got everything set up on my new iMac, Leopard installed. But when I try to read old emails, they don't show the contents. It just comes up as a blank email. But get this, if I spotlight for something that was in the email, I can click on that email in the spotlight menu, and it will load in Mail, but I can only read it by doing that. Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I got everything set up on my new iMac, Leopard installed. But when I try to read old emails, they don't show the contents. It just comes up as a blank email. But get this, if I spotlight for something that was in the email, I can click on that email in the spotlight menu, and it will load in Mail, but I can only read it by doing that. Anyone have any ideas?

Are these IMAP or POP3 accounts? When you first opened Mail after installing, did you get a message about "updating Mail database..."? If not, that may be part of the problem.

All my Accounts are IMAP so I didn't copy anything over, just re-added the accounts. My Mom's however was POP3 and I got the message above.

OP
Stretch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No I didn't. They are all Pop accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No I didn't. They are all Pop accounts.

OK I bet it didn't upgrade the Mail database. Do you have your old Mail folder stored externally?

If so, I'd recommend wiping all Leopard Mail folder clean and delete the Mail prefs. Then copy your older folder and prefs back over and see if imports it correctly this time.

OP
Stretch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That fixed it, thanks Schweb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.