I love my Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
I know a thread like this was done quite some time ago but I figured I'd start it up again.

This is my second MBP and I love it. My first was a 17 MBP, last October. I bought this MBP in August and it's phenomenal. It runs circles around my old Vaio laptop I had last year. Battery life is great. Screen is great. I love the keyboard very much so over the new MBP keyboard. I'm glad I have a matte screen and not glossy.

If you love your MBP, new, or old, post; also add your specs. Thanks!

Mine: 2.4ghz C2D, 200GB HD, 256MB 8600GT, 4GB Ram, 15.4"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I love mine too! Finally made the switch and now wondering why I didn't have a MB through college!!

My MBP just does stuff and my video editing workflow is so much better than on my HP laptop.

Specs: 2.4Ghz C2D, 250HD, 2GB RAM, 15.4" LED, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 256MB dedicated.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Another 5 days and my MBP is 2 years old. I still love it.

Have done a couple of upgrades. Put in the WD 320GB 7200RPM drive and added 4GB of Corsair's CAS4 RAM (even though it can only use 3GB)

Just last night ran Geekbench, Xbench and CinebenchR10 tests on it comparing them to Ars Technica's review scores of the newest MBP 2.53 Ghz machine.

My overall Geekbench surpassed it by 15 points. In all of the tests, my 2 year old MBP is within 10% of the latest and greatest.

For one of those hardware enthusiasts that went through the 90's building a new machine every 9-12 months and overclocking my rigs to get the most out of them, have to say I am amazed.

Never in my wildest dreams from just 10 years ago would I have thought that one day I'd still be satisfied with a 2 year old computer. And must say, just as satisfied as the day I brought it home.

Now, when they get the new i7 chips in the iMacs, I may have to revisit them. If it's everything I've read, I may even have to give up my total disdain for glossy screens.

But, with the MBP not having the option of a matte screen, as one of the Ars Technica reviewers noted, you'll have to pry my MBP out of my dead, lifeless hands.

OP
MacJuen
Reaction score
I love mine too! Finally made the switch and now wondering why I didn't have a MB through college!!

My MBP just does stuff and my video editing workflow is so much better than on my HP laptop.

Specs: 2.4Ghz C2D, 250HD, 2GB RAM, 15.4" LED, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 256MB dedicated.

Very nice! I'm wondering why I didn't have a Mac to start with. lol :)

Have done a couple of upgrades. Put in the WD 320GB 7200RPM drive and added 4GB of Corsair's CAS4 RAM (even though it can only use 3GB)

Never in my wildest dreams from just 10 years ago would I have thought that one day I'd still be satisfied with a 2 year old computer. And must say, just as satisfied as the day I brought it home.

But, with the MBP not having the option of a matte screen, as one of the Ars Technica reviewers noted, you'll have to pry my MBP out of my dead, lifeless hands.

Nice. And I agree, I use to remember having a computer go to crap after just under a year and it made me mad. I know my current MBP will last me a LONG time, because, as you said, not having the Matte screen, is going to cause me to keep this MBP for quite some time, as I cannot stand the glossy screen.

Reaction score
I have a powerbook from 2005, but I still love it. I find that macs tend to last 800% longer than pc's. Within a month of purchase a pc is worth virtually nothing, while my powerbook is probably still worth around 4 or 5 hundred dollars and running fine.

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro (the older version) and I absolutely love it. Everytime I switch it on, I know that the experience will be good. Had a few problems but it has been an awesome journey with this MBP. Can't understand how apple can churn out product after product raising the high standards they set every single time.

Reaction score
I have the first generation 15 inch MacBook Pro that came out a few years ago. I bought it on eBay for about $500 and is in perfect shape. Even the original packaging looks like it's brand new! Running Mac OS X is just amazing and fun to use.

Specs are: 1.83Ghz Core Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, 320GB 7200 RPM Fujitsu Hard Drive, Super Drive,

OP
MacJuen
Reaction score
I have a powerbook from 2005, but I still love it. I find that macs tend to last 800% longer than pc's. Within a month of purchase a pc is worth virtually nothing, while my powerbook is probably still worth around 4 or 5 hundred dollars and running fine.
I agree. Windows machines tend to die fairly quick. I've had 4 Windows Machines and 2 Mac's and the 2 Mac's have lasted MUCH longer than the 4 windows machines did. The only Windows machine that semi-compared was the VAIO that held up through a deployment in Iraq. After about a year though it started to get a little slower, even after normal maintanence.

I have a macbook pro (the older version) and I absolutely love it. Everytime I switch it on, I know that the experience will be good. Had a few problems but it has been an awesome journey with this MBP. Can't understand how apple can churn out product after product raising the high standards they set every single time.
Couldn't agree more.

I have the first generation 15 inch MacBook Pro that came out a few years ago. I bought it on eBay for about $500 and is in perfect shape. Even the original packaging looks like it's brand new! Running Mac OS X is just amazing and fun to use.

Specs are: 1.83Ghz Core Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, 320GB 7200 RPM Fujitsu Hard Drive, Super Drive,

Nice. Thanks for posting!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.