My Video Guides: Cloning HDD, Installing RAM, Installing HDD, Archive Install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
You did an amazing job! Great videos. but I do have a question and I think it would be a good video idea (because I can't find it anywhere)

After I upgrade my HD what do I do? I don't want to clone my HD I want a full new clean install.

OP
chrismac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Hmmm - I could do that guide.

You would need to install your new hdd, insert the software OSX DVD, hold c down when booting (so it boots from DVD drive) the select fresh install. Job done!

I'll try and sort out a step by step vid guide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
wow... I feel stupid. haha. I didn't know it was that simple. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hmmm - I could do that guide.

You would need to install your new hdd, insert the software OSX DVD, hold c down when booting (so it boots from DVD drive) the select fresh install. Job done!

I have just bought a new 13" MBP 2.26 GHz and 2 GB memory and was thinking of upgrading the hdd to 320 or 500 GB and memory up to 4 GB, before i start to put all my music, movies and files on.
This is all i have to do once the hdd and memory are installed?
Loving my MBP. Totally new to Macs so please forgive this new members question.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yes because with the new HDD there is nothing on it. Technically you need to format the HDD first and then you can install the OS.

Reaction score
Yes because with the new HDD there is nothing on it. Technically you need to format the HDD first and then you can install the OS.
Many thanks matey seems easy enough just a bit worried about doing some damage to my MBP. Im quite new to all this computer stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.