• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Gun Ban for 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD
Reaction score
thats outragous semi-auto shotguns lol, those are prime bird hunting guns, why would you ban them, plus banning has no effect on crime when are they going to see that. No LEGAL owner of an "Assault Rifle" has ever intentionally killed anyone with it, its always weapons that people have gotten through illegal means. My dad has a federal weapons permit so we have all sorts of guns, but we only use them for demonstration or shooting range type of things, they are mostly collectors items

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Meh.

Not going to happen.

I'm all for it...but it won't happen.

As for the insult (?) to Great Britain and Canada, ask them what they think of America...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Email your congressional representative today before this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.
What's wrong with Canada and Great Britain?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i think we should stop whats wrong with canada, whats wrong the america now. before it gets out of hand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
i think we should stop whats wrong with canada, whats wrong the america now. before it gets out of hand.

Thanks kman for that word of wisdom. :closed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
....this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.

Not necessary, I don't remember insulting you about your Gun Laws plus it's not a way to start a "debate" or intellectual point or even political process by insulting the opposition.

Instead of turning this into a topic where people can talk about the Pro's and Cons of any judicial decision you've instead diverted in into insulting other races.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
A country could truly have no greater friend than the friend Great Britain has been to the USA...

thats outragous semi-auto shotguns lol, those are prime bird hunting guns
The Second Amendment does not protect your right to "hunt"... It protects your right to protect yourself, your family, and your property from tyrannical government, giving you the means to remain free.

M

MacHeadCase

Not necessary, I don't remember insulting you about your Gun Laws plus it's not a way to start a "debate" or intellectual point or even political process by insulting the opposition.

Instead of turning this into a topic where people can talk about the Pro's and Cons of any judicial decision you've instead diverted in into insulting other races.

I agree.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD
I wasn't trying to insult Canada or the U.K. I'm sorry if it came across that way. Canada has recently registered and begun removing and prohibiting firearms from it's citizens. The U.K. hasn't been friendly in allowing it's citizens's to arm themselves in a long time.

Our founding fathers knew that the easiest way to enslave a nation was to disarm them. The ultimate "check and balance" to our governments power is the armed population. No greater example of "gun control" failure can be found than in Washington D.C. which has the highest murder rate in all of American. They also have a firearm prohibition in effect since the '70's. This restriction was recently deemed unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.

I travel frequently to Canada and it is a great and beautiful country. It is a shame what their hunters have to put up with. No lawful citizen should be denied the right to arm themselves for protection.

This is America. We have been given great freedoms by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. We have a duty as citizens to defend and protect our framework in whole.

How many of you actually know who YOUR Congressional representatives are?

Reaction score

Better yet, how many of you know what they have really been doing since they were elected?

Then the better question is why do you keep electing these same theiving perverts to positions of power year after year ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No lawful citizen should be denied the right to arm themselves for protection.

This is America. We have been given great freedoms by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
Now, simply speaking as a Devil's Advocate...

This proposal will not deny anyone the "right to bear arms."
What it will do is limit the amount and kind of weapons labeled as "assault weapons" that are being made to the general public. It is in no way denying anyone the right to purchase a firearm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Better yet, how many of you know what they have really been doing since they were elected?

Then the better question is why do you keep electing these same theiving perverts to positions of power year after year ?

I don't care who my Congressional Rep. is. Whoever I vote for is never elected anyway. Our current rep. Sam Brownback would probably be among my last choices though (Phil Kline being at the very bottom).

Reaction score
If the gun-ban bill passes, how would the vice-president be able to shoot anyone ever again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I see no reason for private citizens to have assault weapons. I know that criminals don't abide by gun laws, but less guns in homes leads to less guns on the street.

I've shaken Lynn Woolsey's hand and I'm proud of the job she's done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
To people located in the UK:

Isn't it possible to get a hunting license for gun ownership? I know it's probably expensive, but is it possible?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
To people located in the UK:

Isn't it possible to get a hunting license for gun ownership? I know it's probably expensive, but is it possible?

Hunt what exactly?

Anyhow the most effective hunting weapon here is the automobile. ;)

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I know this is probably more hardcore than anybody on here, but I think that the more guns, the better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I see no reason for private citizens to have assault weapons. I know that criminals don't abide by gun laws, but less guns in homes leads to less guns on the street.

What about gun collectors? I know several people, some ex-military, that collect guns, and some of them are assualt type weapons. The only thing these guns do is sit in a locked cabinet, and once in a while go to a range to target practice.

This is kinda like telling someone that they can't own a exotic car. It has the possibility of becoming a 2ton missile flying at people over 100mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.