Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 10.4.9
feeling like an ijiot :(

error message...
your startup disk is almost full.
you need to make more room by
deleting files.

I DELETED A TON of graphics files....emptied the trash..restarted a bunch of times...

i upgraded memory from 512-->768...
and i am wondering if something more bad is happening here?

i can't use photoshop this a.m...
it says SCRATCH DISK IS FULL : <

i just bought 250GB LaCie Hard drive to try and
get my ITUNES off of here..to create more space.
not so sure how to do that either

so basically ..a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS : <:( :( [email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
Reclaim a quick 2 gigs or so by using http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/ to clear out uneeded language files on your machine.

Read the readme text and do a search in the forum first as you could mess stuff up if you get rid of some of the English files.

Good luck.

OP
eepco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 10.4.9
thanks

Reclaim a quick 2 gigs or so by using http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/ to clear out uneeded language files on your machine.

Read the readme text and do a search in the forum first as you could mess stuff up if you get rid of some of the English files.

Good luck.

in the process of doing that right now...via another similar program...I think the culprit might be TWO iTUNES librarys : <....

I am trying to figure out how to MOVE rather then copy them..to consolidate and clear up HD......any ideas?

OP
eepco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 10.4.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
NOW thats GOOD STUFFFFFFFFFFF :D

one more thing though...

when i do a search for iTUNES music...i get 2 folders?
any ideas?

go through and check it all but it should all be a duplicate.. itunes does that by default.

OP
eepco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 10.4.9
go through and check it all but it should all be a duplicate.. itunes does that by default.

meaning...its using double the space it should...or did I totally misunderstand what you said? its copying one song at a time..guessing it will take 12 hours or so :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
meaning...its using double the space it should...or did I totally misunderstand what you said? its copying one song at a time..guessing it will take 12 hours or so :(

correct, its using double the space.. as i said make sure they are all duplicates.

OP
eepco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 10.4.9
sooooooooo???

correct, its using double the space.. as i said make sure they are all duplicates.

i can delete one? or both from the hard drive as I am in the proces of moving to my 250GB external hd.....double the space ...:<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Itunes copies everything you load into it to it's own directory, so if you're adding files you already have on your hard disk, it creates a copy.

It's easy to end up with dupes of everything. Get an Ipod video, try it with 2gb files . . . doesn't take long to fill up a lot of space.

Moving rather than copying is not much more than copying then deleting the originals - with all the usual caveats about check you've really got good copies, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.