Is Apple company a sellout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm glad Apple made lot of good products for such a long time, but I'm starting to think they don't care about their main core, which is osx. For example, Apple didn't fix the secure trash issue when it's been going on for a long time.
I used to believe mac was a flawless computer meaning there were no crashes or any problematic.

Anyone feel me?:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You mean unlike OS X 10.7 they just announced?

I'm thinking it's just you. :p

Anything as complex as an OS will have bugs. To think something would be flawless is just delusional.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
How dare you speak ill of Apple! :p

Ughh what secure trash issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Secure empty trash works fine for me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.

Anything as complex as an OS will have bugs. To think something would be flawless is just delusional.

What 10.7 announcement ? My secure trash works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I'm curious what about secure trash mine works fine. A rant is a rant without a link or an
example which this is the second time I have seen this mentioned without any clue as to
the problem only to state one exists.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I'm glad Apple made lot of good products for such a long time, but I'm starting to think they don't care about their main core, which is osx. For example, Apple didn't fix the secure trash issue when it's been going on for a long time.
I used to believe mac was a flawless computer meaning there were no crashes or any problematic.

Anyone feel me?:Oops:
I believe Apple has not lost it focus on it main core, which is hardware.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
eh, there have been some issues about trying to secure trash

Wow. Well that really sums things up then, doesn't it? Tell ya what. The next time you want to post something, try making sure there's a point. It makes it that much more interesting for the reader. I'm sorry but, if you're going to make sweeping statements with absolutely nothing to back them up, don't bother posing at all.

So far, no one here has stated that they've had issues with securely emptying their trash,myself included and I use that all the time. That said, would you care to try a THIRD time?

Doug.

OP
K
Reaction score

I don't mean specifically lion os. I mean os in previous versions happen to have trash issues. Sometimes secure trash freezes and won't trash.

OP
K
Reaction score
Wow. Well that really sums things up then, doesn't it? Tell ya what. The next time you want to post something, try making sure there's a point. It makes it that much more interesting for the reader. I'm sorry but, if you're going to make sweeping statements with absolutely nothing to back them up, don't bother posing at all.

So far, no one here has stated that they've had issues with securely emptying their trash,myself included and I use that all the time. That said, would you care to try a THIRD time?

Doug.

geez, what's your problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So sometimes your Secure trash doesnt work ??

And that link you provided doesnt really do it for me either
Do you have Parallels on your Mac ? Because that seems to be the problem there, which in turn doesnt make it a Mac OS issue at all does it ?? Just saying ...

C

chas_m

I love the way people blame Apple *and* assume that if they are having a problem -- which is generally at least in part due to their own actions -- then everyone in the world must OF COURSE be having the same problem, so there's no reason to check first or anything ...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Ah, so Parallels, a 3rd party app that Apple has no control over, puts stuff into a hidden trash folder when you delete stuff in Windows and that somehow indicates Apple is a sellout?

Sorry, but I don't quite follow that logic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't mean specifically lion os. I mean os in previous versions happen to have trash issues. Sometimes secure trash freezes and won't trash.

Dude, I'm starting to think you're trolling.

You make some broad statement that Apple is selling out because they don't care about OS X anymore.

I point out that they just announced 10.7, you say not that but some secure trash issue?

What?

Seriously. I'm locking this thread, it has no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.