No Internet Access in Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro / 2.53
I have a problem in my MacBook Pro. The problem is that I cannot view any content on the web via my MacBook Pro.
No internet website can be loaded using Firefox or Safari. ONLY and ONLY first page of Apple website in Safari (Safari's default homepage) is loaded and that's all. :Confused:
When sending ping request using Terminal, everything is fine and I can get ping request responses from, say, Google.com, but I cannot view the page.

Has anyone had a similar case? What should I do to solve this problem?

Reaction score
I have a problem in my MacBook Pro. The problem is that I cannot view any content on the web via my MacBook Pro.
No internet website can be loaded using Firefox or Safari. ONLY and ONLY first page of Apple website in Safari (Safari's default homepage) is loaded and that's all. :Confused:
When sending ping request using Terminal, everything is fine and I can get ping request responses from, say, Google.com, but I cannot view the page.

Has anyone had a similar case? What should I do to solve this problem?

Firstly i would check that the DNS settings are correct for your connection in NETWORK PREFERENCES / ADVANCED / DNS

CK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
Did this just suddenly start? Have you tried rebooting your router?

Generally if you can hit something up by name from other services, that means your DNS is working (I'm assuming you didn't ping Google via IP vs. name). Do any other services work like email?

The Apple front page might simply be cached up, so that's kind of giving you a "false positive".

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro / 2.53
Thanks guys. What I actually did was removing the wireless network connection; went through trouble shooting and diagnosis of MacOS and after a restart it worked!

The thing is that, I installed iLife '11 and several other updates the day before this problem popped up, and I was concerned that maybe the updates is the source of the whole problem.

Does MacOS has something like "Restore point" as Windows has? to revert all the settings to an earlier point?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.