iPad Mini with a nick...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
Hello all,

I purchased 2 iPad Mini's for my wife and I last Monday the 11th. White/silver for her and black/slate for myself. I finally got around to opening mine today Sunday the 17th. This iPad has a nick on the left side where the Smart Cover wraps around the back. This was not a used or open-box item and I did not move from my spot on the couch while opening the box from the plastic. My wife calls me crazy as I do find my self to be Obsessive Compulsive but this is a brand new product. I just like my things taken care so they at least last until she gets bored with them.

My question is... Would you return this?

I purchased Apple care but this was beyond anything we've done. The funny thing is that the salesman stated that the white/silver didn't show scratches like the black/slate model. I always check out my new electronics before use so I can tell if my wife has been using mine. She is quite careless with all of her property. I guess she knows I'll replace it.

Thanks for any input,
rfe959

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

You bet. A new item should be in perfect condition. Return it.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hello all,

I purchased 2 iPad Mini's for my wife and I last Monday the 11th. White/silver for her and black/slate for myself. I finally got around to opening mine today Sunday the 17th. This iPad has a nick on the left side where the Smart Cover wraps around the back. This was not a used or open-box item and I did not move from my spot on the couch while opening the box from the plastic. My wife calls me crazy as I do find my self to be Obsessive Compulsive but this is a brand new product. I just like my things taken care so they at least last until she gets bored with them.

I purchased Apple care but this was beyond anything we've done. The funny thing is that the salesman stated that the white/silver didn't show scratches like the black/slate model. I always check out my new electronics before use so I can tell if my wife has been using mine. She is quite careless with all of her property. I guess she knows I'll replace it.

Thanks for any input,
rfe959

Yes I would in fact I have done it twice.

Had it for less than a week and I noticed chunks of the iPad Mini was falling out. Looked like someone had taken a hack saw to it.

ND3A0385.jpg

You bet. A new item should be in perfect condition. Return it.

Agreed.

C

chas_m

You have a no-questions-asked return policy for a reason. Sorry you got one that escaped QC, but yes you should return it.

OP
rfe959
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
Thanks for your replies. My wife was giving me a hard time on this issue until I started using hers.
She is now on board with exchanging, maybe even upgrading to the 32gb.

rfe959

OP
rfe959
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I now have a new scratch and nick free iPad Mini. Thoroughly inspected before I made the return. The girl that helped me actually pointed out several other nicks that I hadn't noticed.

Thanks all for the reassurance of my sanity,
rfe959

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad to hear you have a new iPad Mini. Apple customer support is number 1! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.