Songs transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I just formatted and installed Leopard. That went just fine however now I have no songs in my iTunes Library. Is it possible to transfer the songs I have on my 30Gb iPod classic back to the Mac? It will be too much pain to bear if I can't.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You will have to use a third party app. Search the boards a bit and you should find it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Check out the stickies in the iPod and iPhone forum MaDDoG.
There's one there that will help you out.

Now you've learned the hard way: format = delete everything on my hard drive and start over again.
A lot of us learned it the hard way...

Reaction score
picture_2-20071201-235554.jpg

In order to use Senuti with an iPod, disk use must be enabled, and manual management of songs should also be enabled. If disk use is not enabled, follow these instructions to enable it:

Preparing your iPod — read carefully

• If connected, disconnect your iPod
  • Launch iTunes
  • Press and hold the Command and Option keys*
  • Plug in your iPod with the keys still pressed
  • When your iPod appears in the source list of iTunes, you can release the keys
  • Within iTunes click on your iPod
  • Choose the settings tab to alter the settings of your iPod
  • Enable Disk Use
  • Enable Manually manage music and videos**
  • Press Apply

*Holding the Command and Option keys will stop iTunes from automatically updating your iPod when you connect it

**Enabling the preference to manually manage your music will make it so you no longer have to remember to press and hold the Command and Option keys when plugging in your iPod. It is strongly recommended that you enable this feature so that iTunes never deletes the music on your iPod without prompting you.

Copying songs to your computer

To copy songs back to your computer, all you have to do is select the songs and click the transfer button in the toolbar of the application.

The songs will be copied to the your hard drive, and if you set Senuti up so that songs are automatically added to iTunes, then they will be added to iTunes as well.

*From Senuti Help*​

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Thanks heaps guys. Downloaded Senuti .... took me a while but then I realized Senuti is iTunes backwards. Transferring my music as I type this.

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Funny thing, I don't know if the website still says it, but it used to say that Senuti got it's name with the phrase "Everything in reverse" and they wanted a name so decided to to iTunes backwards, cause essentially, that's what Senuti is. lol. So yeah, glad I could be of help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.