adding ram to mac mini

Reaction score
I am going to replace my ram and upgrade to 8 g,yes this is the newer model with the access at the back. My question is do i need to back up pictures and what not on a memory stick. I figured i do but some one said i don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I am going to replace my ram and upgrade to 8 g,yes this is the newer model with the access at the back. My question is do i need to back up pictures and what not on a memory stick. I figured i do but some one said i don't.

No, your data is stored on your hard drive. Flip it over, pop the case, replace the memory modules and get back on the road. 5 minute job at the most.

Reaction score
No, your data is stored on your hard drive. Flip it over, pop the case, replace the memory modules and get back on the road. 5 minute job at the most.

Agreed. Just changed from 4 to 8GB last week in my Mini. Easiest Mac I've ever changed memory on.

OTOH, I hope you are keeping your pics and important data stored someplace. Catastrophic failure could happen any time.
icon_smile_worried.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.