Switching anticipation!

Reaction score
Christmas is coming early. I thought I was being nice buying my wife an 8 gig Nano for Christmas. Come to find out, she had to tell me about a delivery that may come tomorrow since she will not be around to get it. A 24" iMac with upgraded CPU, video card, 2 gig memory, with Applecare is enroute as I type!!! Goodbye PC (although I will keep it around) and hello my first Mac. 48 years old and this old dog is ready to learn new tricks!!!

With great glee,
Mikeylee

P.S. And to think I have been telling her all of the reasons I was waiting to buy one (MacWorld announcements, wait for OS 10.5 to come out, etc.)...but the sweet lady saw through all that. :) I am almost giddy! Thanks for listening to me babble! ml

Reaction score
Looks like you've got yourself a keeper!! (the wife, I mean) LOL Congrats! You'll find, like me, that the Mac experience is just that - and experience.

Enjoy!

M

MacHeadCase

Congratulations, mikeylee! And remember that if ever you have any questions, just ask, we'll be around!
icon6.gif

OP
M
Reaction score
This forum has already been a wealth of information in coming to this point. Believe me, I will pester the forum with questions. I need to remember the mantra, "This is not windows...forget XP" :)
mikeylee

M

MacHeadCase

This forum has already been a wealth of information in coming to this point. Believe me, I will pester the forum with questions. I need to remember the mantra, "This is not windows...forget XP" :)
mikeylee

Whoah! You have learned the first lesson very well indeed!
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats!! Come over to the dark side lol :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh...and pretty girls like Netty4man use Macs...ALWAYS a bonus (I am happily married, not dead :) )

Sorry MacHeadCase, One ringy dingy never floated my boat! :)

mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Oh...and pretty girls like Netty4man use Macs...ALWAYS a bonus (I am happily married, not dead :) )

mikeylee

Oh..I'm blushing:) :flower:

OP
M
Reaction score
Netty,

Young lady being complimented by a guy old enough to be your pappy = blushing? You must blush easily. :)

Since you were recently a newbie to Macs, any words of advice that would have helped you? Remember, I know the mantra...just have to remember it during times I WANT OS X to be XP!

mikeylee

Oh yea, made my first venture into myspace to see you page and opps! no entry. (fear not, I am not a leach...just getting goofy and giddy.) ml

M

MacHeadCase

mikeylee

*Shock* Didn't you say you were married?
icon11.gif

icon12.gif

OP
M
Reaction score
My friends think I am nuts for wanting to go (and now goiing) to a Mac, so they think it is the dark side!! I am thinking they would be blinded by the brightness on the Mac dark side. :p
mikeylee

M

MacHeadCase

You just watch them turn green with envy. And when one of them phones you full of anxiety because his PC is crawling with worms and virii, you can just sympathize with him/her. :girl:

OP
M
Reaction score
macHeadCase,

Happily so, but also just as happily not dead...WOOHOO!!

I wonder how many around here are too you to know who you have as you icon picture thingy-ma-bob. (Without figuring out how to google an answer).

mikeylee

OP
M
Reaction score
They do call me with their PC problems (I know more than them but just enough to be dangerous). I will have to remember they are just friends who continue to make nad choices...like keeping me as a friend! :eek:
mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
congrats. we are here for you if you have any questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Netty,

Young lady being complimented by a guy old enough to be your pappy = blushing? You must blush easily. :)

Since you were recently a newbie to Macs, any words of advice that would have helped you? Remember, I know the mantra...just have to remember it during times I WANT OS X to be XP!

mikeylee

Oh yea, made my first venture into myspace to see you page and opps! no entry. (fear not, I am not a leach...just getting goofy and giddy.) ml

Ummm...I don't think I can offer any advice cause I'm still learning myself. All I can really say is you're going to love your mac. I really enjoy mine. Way better than the old XP machine I used to use.

Oh yeah, my space is private :) So all you could see is my picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Intel core duo - iBook G4
My friends think I am nuts for wanting to go (and now goiing) to a Mac, so they think it is the dark side!! I am thinking they would be blinded by the brightness on the Mac dark side. :p
mikeylee

One of my best friends, after his first computer (a Mac LC 475, bought in 1994 or so) decided to buy a PC Win in 2001 or so. He had so many problems with his new PC-Win computer and with the OS that he used to say to me all the time: "I can't do this with the computer", "I can't do that with the computer", I was so tired of it that at some point I used to reply this: "You can't do that and that? **! don't tell me they sold you a non compatible computer!...".
Now he have an iBook G4 and is expecting a MacBook Core 2 Duo this Christmas for his wife and kids. The old "non compatible" PC-Win is just waiting for the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.