is there a way to slow a mbp down to mb speeds?

Reaction score
i have no complaints about my battery life in most situations but sometimes in a full day of school i cant get to a power outlet and my battery cant last all day.

was just wondering if u could make the mbp run like a macbook temporarily for days like that?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There's a number of things you can do. Reduce the display brightness as low as you can stand it, turn off Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi (if you don't need it). Adjust the performance level in System Preferences => Energy Saver. Keep discs out of your optical drive so that the motor never needs to spin them up.

All of these little tweaks can yield greatly increased battery life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
if your budget allows it, get another battery (~$120)!

OP
T
Reaction score
well id rather not carry another battery with me my bag is always full as it is.. unless thers a battery with better life i could buy

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
well id rather not carry another battery with me my bag is always full as it is.. unless thers a battery with better life i could buy

There is an extended life battery available, but it's advantage is only slight (a few minutes). The best thing you could do would be to be mindful of the things that you can control that tend to be heavy in terms of power consumption.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
i have no complaints about my battery life in most situations but sometimes in a full day of school i cant get to a power outlet and my battery cant last all day.

was just wondering if u could make the mbp run like a macbook temporarily for days like that?

Just reading the title, I thought wow thats a first, someone wanting a slower computer. But I see now, Basically lower the brightness as far as possible, turn off Wifi if not needed, Turn off bluetooth. Thats basically the only major things you can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.