• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

AVI Video Enhancment

Reaction score
OK so i bought this make thinking it would be my video editing king! But I cant even find video enhancing software for make...let alone free ware....I have AVI's that i would like to improve the resolution and bit rate and am looking for something that can do that..all i found was avidemux and thats it...any help?

also I saw this...piece of spam software creator for mac...but im assuming it is the same thing as toast titanium....Am I losing quality by letting toast convert my avi and then burn....or is my mac burner just crap or is it the quality of these videos from the 90s cant be helped!

OP
K
Reaction score
ok so im just gonna post in another category cause this dosnt seem to be in the right spot i guess...ok what it comes down to....is using toast titanium to convert and burn avi to dvd the reason for my quality loss?

Reaction score
OK so i bought this make thinking it would be my video editing king! But I cant even find video enhancing software for make...let alone free ware....I have AVI's that i would like to improve the resolution and bit rate and am looking for something that can do that..all i found was avidemux and thats it...any help?

also I saw this...piece of spam software creator for mac...but im assuming it is the same thing as toast titanium....Am I losing quality by letting toast convert my avi and then burn....or is my mac burner just crap or is it the quality of these videos from the 90s cant be helped!

I think fcp can help u, it is a powerful editing software, of course u can do some setting:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
What is 'make'?

You can't improve resolution. It is what it is. You can alter the picture characteristics, including the resolution size.

Garbage in, Garbage out! In other words, you can't expect to improve poor quality video much. A burner never alters the file you hand it.

People ask about working with AVIs all the time here. Do a little searching of the forum. Depending on workflow, it may be best to convert them to a codec in QuickTime that is friendly to the tool you are using. You might even be able to use iMovie with your AVIs if you install Perian or Flip4Mac.

Depending on the input and settings, Toast may be lowering the quality. You'll need to explain more and have a more experienced Toast user respond. Details of the input files and details of your Toast settings.

Reaction score
What is 'make'?

You can't improve resolution. It is what it is. You can alter the picture characteristics, including the resolution size.

Garbage in, Garbage out! In other words, you can't expect to improve poor quality video much. A burner never alters the file you hand it.

People ask about working with AVIs all the time here. Do a little searching of the forum. Depending on workflow, it may be best to convert them to a codec in QuickTime that is friendly to the tool you are using. You might even be able to use iMovie with your AVIs if you install Perian or Flip4Mac.

Depending on the input and settings, Toast may be lowering the quality. You'll need to explain more and have a more experienced Toast user respond. Details of the input files and details of your Toast settings.

Exactly!! Don't expect any software that will IMPROVE RESOLUTION, at least you can't do it currently.
Any video converter for Mac, free or commercial, it will converts video to different formats and then they have different resolutions. If you want to get a better output quality you need to have a good original video quality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.