Which Windows would you recommend?

Reaction score
ok so i am giving in and have decided to buy Microsoft Windows XP to dual boot on my Macbook.

i was wondering though,
is Service Pack 3 recommended? i apologize because i know nothing of software especially windows,
but im just curious because i have the option of buying Windows with service pack 2 or 3 and i would like to know if 3 is actually better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
If there is no cost difference then def. go for the latest version. Of course SPs are free so if SP2 is cheaper then go for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Nordini,

Not to worry - just means you become the "System Builder" if you install the software. And that software should remain on the system it's first installed on and is maintained by the installer. Just make sure you have BootCamp Assistant version 2.1 if you install a copy with SP3. Supposedly BCA version 2.0 won't load Windows with SP3...

I used XP Builder's Pack (OEM) on my Macbook and it installs as if it were a retail version. BTW, OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Noel

Reaction score
Based on other posts I have read, you need to install an SP2 disc for Boot Camp, then upgrade to SP3 from there.

Cheers

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Based on other posts I have read, you need to install an SP2 disc for Boot Camp, then upgrade to SP3 from there.

Cheers

I don't believe so, but the official word from Apple is that SP2 is required, which is why I think a lot of people are under the impression that you have to start with SP2, install the most up to date Boot Camp drivers and then upgrade to SP3. In my experience this was not necessary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.