zcover or iskin keyboard protector?

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering which company (zcover or iskin) makes a better keyboard protector for the macbook pro? My main factor is ease of typing and thickness

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I have iskin, not sure about zcover? You kind of have to press down a little harder but it's a lot better than having dust and other stuff under the keyboard. I choose iskin cause I think they are the only ones that actually have a true "clear" keyboard protector. Everyone else's "clear" is frosted and it's kind of difficult to see through frosted. Plus I don't like the ones where they print the letters on them. For one thing the key board configuration might be different.

Hope that helps somewhat?

OP
O
Reaction score
well I bought an zcover at the apple store just now, mostly because there wasn't an iskin keyboard protector there... There are a lot of negative reviews of the zcover and its kinda hard to type on, so I just wanted to see if the iskin is better.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
well I bought an zcover at the apple store just now, mostly because there wasn't an iskin keyboard protector there... There are a lot of negative reviews of the zcover and its kinda hard to type on, so I just wanted to see if the iskin is better.

I see...well you can always do a return I guess if you didn't open. Or well if you do end up using it, please tell me how it is.

I bought the iskin here.

OP
O
Reaction score
well I mostly got it because I have seen a few ants crawl inside my macbook pro's keyboard :( (one of the disadvantages of the keyboard versus the macbook's)... I don't eat or drink in the room though

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well I mostly got it because I have seen a few ants crawl inside my macbook pro's keyboard :( (one of the disadvantages of the keyboard versus the macbook's)... I don't eat or drink in the room though

Wow that's not cool. >_>" Well I would imagine that it would be dead by now from the heat. >_<"""

Umm yeah even though I have the keyboard protector I still keep a nice sharp pointy stick that I use to repel people that have drinks in their hands. ^-^"

OP
O
Reaction score
so is the zcover keyboard protector very similar to the iskin's? (in terms of tactile feel)

Reaction score
I'm also wondering about an iskin/zcover but I have a late 2008 macbook with the aluminum case. I see that zcover and iskin both have skins that are supposedly for the new macbook but my keyboard doesn't look exactly the same as the ones on the websites. (my return key is kind of long over two rows, not 2 separate keys like in the pics).
Anyone know which keyboards are the same and what skins are compatible??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.