iWorks transferring to Microsoft Office

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not entirely certain what you're asking. But I think you want to know if documents created in iWork can be ported over to MS Office. And if that's the case, then yes. Documents created in Pages/Numbers/Keynote can be saved into MS Office compatible versions. Conversely, documents created in MS Office can be imported into their respective iWork applications. Now, there may be some formatting differences, so if the accuracy of translation is key, your best bet is to go with MS Office for Mac.

OP
C
Reaction score
Not entirely certain what you're asking. But I think you want to know if documents created in iWork can be ported over to MS Office. And if that's the case, then yes. Documents created in Pages/Numbers/Keynote can be saved into MS Office compatible versions. Conversely, documents created in MS Office can be imported into their respective iWork applications. Now, there may be some formatting differences, so if the accuracy of translation is key, your best bet is to go with MS Office for Mac.

well were talking about 1,000 dollars for a mac with office over an iPad with works for under 700 dollars. If it can be easily transferred to either iWorks or MS office vice versa then that would definitely be the winner.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
well were talking about 1,000 dollars for a mac with office over an iPad with works for under 700 dollars. If it can be easily transferred to either iWorks or MS office vice versa then that would definitely be the winner.

Well, that is certainly doable, although I'm not sure that an iPad is a solid choice as a general purpose computing device. There are limitations (like not being able to print) that lot of people don't realize. If office chores are a requirement, I'm not sure that would be the ideal device. Occasional documents (to be printed from another machine), sure. But not as a full time device tasked with content creation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I know for a fact that on the iWork suit of apps on the iPad you actually cannot control what format it saves it into. The way you get around that is supposedly importing the the documents to www.iwork.com. And from there you can share it with multiple people and they can download it in the MS office formats... Unfortunately last time I checked that part of iWork.com didn't work yet! :(

As for printing there are a couple of apps in the App Store that enable printing over wifi, but I am not sure how that works since I haven't used them first hand, but they are getting some good reviews.

Hope that explains it a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.