wifi stopped working after installing 10.5 : \

Reaction score
Hey All,
I had recently installed OS 10.5 on my PowerBook G4, 1.5 ghz, 1.25gb, and right after installations I noticed my wifi stopped working. The airport is still on and I am connected to my wifi network with full bars, yet the internet does not work! Other computers in the house are able to connect to the network just fine, and I can still get internet though ethernet, so I am not sure what could be happening. Anyone experienced a similar problem after installing 10.5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP w/4GB of Ram
Dahnib,

try to perform a Ping command to google.com via the Terminal window. What happens?

OP
D
Reaction score
Dahnib,

try to perform a Ping command to google.com via the Terminal window. What happens?

I've never pinged before, so I hope I did this right.... in the terminal window I typed ping <google.com> is that correct?

afterwards it gave me this message: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'

Noooo idea what this means. :| What do you think?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hey All,
I had recently installed OS 10.5 on my PowerBook G4, 1.5 ghz, 1.25gb, and right after installations I noticed my wifi stopped working. The airport is still on and I am connected to my wifi network with full bars, yet the internet does not work! Other computers in the house are able to connect to the network just fine, and I can still get internet though ethernet, so I am not sure what could be happening. Anyone experienced a similar problem after installing 10.5?

The Airport icon in the Menubar is only showing the strength of the signal being received. In Sys Prefs/Network click on Airport in left pane then click Advanced. Make sure entries there are correct for your LAN

If you want to do a ping - try this: In Applications/Utilites open Network Utility and select Ping Header then put IP address in there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.