CS3 Need Help Quick Please

Reaction score
My designer's G5 is having a problem. His CS3 files (Illustrator and
PhotoShop) shut down if he tries to open them.
Also, when he went to his disk utility to run it, if he selects the folder
it just closes itself up again and shows he has nothing in it.
His computer is running really slow as well.

Any Help Guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Creative Suite was/is not compatible if using Leopard. Updates are anticipated later this month. Post does not say what OS he is using.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Intel Mac Pro or PowerMac G5??

OP
A
Reaction score
Creative Suite was/is not compatible if using Leopard. Updates are anticipated later this month. Post does not say what OS he is using.

Maybe So But He Has Been Using It For Some Time Now. Also What Would Make His Computer Slow Down Like That? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Without much info from you, we really can't diagnose the problem. Which PowerMac G5 is it? How much RAM is installed? How much HD is free? Which version of OS X are you running? Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came with the Mac?
Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Seriously, anything...

OP
A
Reaction score
Without much info from you, we really can't diagnose the problem. Which PowerMac G5 is it? How much RAM is installed? How much HD is free? Which version of OS X are you running? Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came with the Mac?
Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Seriously, anything...

I forwarded it to my designer to answer, as I do not use that computer. He
already re-installed CS3 since his problems. I believe it just happened that
one day his files would not open. He is running 10.4.1. I do no think he has
run any diagnostics. I hope to get this info from him tonight to give you
more info.

I Am The Kind Of Guy That Likes To Fix Things Myself, Thats Why I Didnt Pay Someone To Come Out And Fix It.

M

MacHeadCase

Why hasn't he upgraded his Tiger install since 10.4.1? A lot of problems have been fixed with the subsequent updates. Even better, the Combo updates. I'm running 10.4.11 and it's going well.

M

MacHeadCase

System Preferences -> Software Update.

But first...

1 - He should download MainMenu (correct spelling) from Santa Software and clean out all caches.

2- He then unplugs all unnecessary peripherals.

3- Restarts.

4 - Runs Software Update but he has to make sure all the applications are quit and that he doesn't use his Mac while the installation is underway.

OP
A
Reaction score
System Preferences -> Software Update.

But first...

1 - He should download MainMenu (correct spelling) from Santa Software and clean out all caches.

2- He then unplugs all unnecessary peripherals.

3- Restarts.

4 - Runs Software Update but he has to make sure all the applications are quit and that he doesn't use his Mac while the installation is underway.

Okay, And This Sould Help Stop The Problem And The Slow Speed Of The Computer??

M

MacHeadCase

It should help. Also he should look into his pref files for his CS3 apps: maybe some of them are corrupted.

OP
A
Reaction score

Which PowerMac G5 is it? Dual Processor
> How much RAM is installed? 1 GB?
> How much HD is free? 126 gb
> Which version of OS X are you running? 10.4
> Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? not sure.

> Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came

> with the Mac? Can find the disk and I can't access disk utilities in the
applications folder.
> Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? It has progressed
over a little time.

> Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that

> happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Power outage.

M

MacHeadCase

For a power outage, the only thing that saved me was Alsoft's DiskWarrior: it repairs the directory and is well worth its price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.