Some iPhone questions. Can anyone help please?

Reaction score
Can I get some answers please? I'm having trouble finding info on these. Thanks so much!

1. How can I teach Siri new words/names?

2. What's a good app for transferring documents and files between my iPhone and computers?

3. How can I get my iPhone to not suggest local wi-fi hotspots, but still have it connect automatically to the ones I have passwords saved for? EXAMPLE: I'm driving in town and trying to look at google maps for directions. Meanwhile, lists of local wi-fi hotspots are popping up when I don't want to connect to a network.

4. What's a good app for hiding documents and photos? (EXAMPLE: hiding them from my photo album but storing them in a folder elsewhere on the phone)

Thanks for your time guys. I really appreciate it =-D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
2. Dropbox
3. It should only prompt you for WiFi hotspots when you aren't connected to a hotspot already and the list of available hotspots doesn't have the hotspot for which you have the password saved.
4. If you use Dropbox to copy photos there, it will only be accessible from the Dropbox application and not visible in your Camera Roll..

OP
T
Reaction score
2. Dropbox
3. It should only prompt you for WiFi hotspots when you aren't connected to a hotspot already and the list of available hotspots doesn't have the hotspot for which you have the password saved.
4. If you use Dropbox to copy photos there, it will only be accessible from the Dropbox application and not visible in your Camera Roll..

Sweet! Downloaded drop box and playing around with it now. Seems legit to me :D

One thing though. I know how the WiFi connecting works. But the problem is, I don't want it to show me available hotspots unless I ask it to. How do I stop it from showing me automatically?

It's annoying when I'm driving and I glance at my map to see my next turn and there's a list of WiFi hotspots I have no intention of connecting to blocking my view.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As far as I know there is no way of stopping that popup from showing up short of disabling WiFi when you know you are away from home. You can turn the WiFi when you're back in range of your expected network and it will reconnect quietly..

OP
T
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no way of stopping that popup from showing up short of disabling WiFi when you know you are away from home. You can turn the WiFi when you're back in range of your expected network and it will reconnect quietly..

Ok cool. I guess I'll start doing that. I'd like to write some feedback to Apple about making an options to "Disable automatically prompting WiFi Hotspot List" but I feel like it wont be seen by anyone there.

Thanks a lot for your time Raz0rEdge! You rock bro!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Settings > Wi-Fi > Ask to Join Networks > set to "Off". That should stop iOS from asking you to join any networks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Settings > Wi-Fi > Ask to Join Networks > set to "Off". That should stop iOS from asking you to join any networks.

Ok, sweet! My only worry is does turning this off also stop it from connecting to known networks? It not, awesome!

Thanks a bunch! You rock my friend!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.