How to share files between 2 imacs

Reaction score
HI all,

At work we got 2 imacs. Now I want to send some files from one to the other and I don't want to use a usb stick or any other harddrive that I have to disconnect.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
HI all,

At work we got 2 imacs. Now I want to send some files from one to the other and I don't want to use a usb stick or any other harddrive that I have to disconnect.

Any suggestions?

Are you using a wireless network? If so click the airport signal on the meu bar and in the drop down the other computers name should be seen if so select that computers name and the same on the other. If other computer does not show, in the same drop down select create a network and do the same on the other. If you are not using a wireless method than you only options I feel will be the ones you had stated in your post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
Are the two iMacs on a network together?

If they are, you just need to turn on file sharing and make some folders shared in your system preferences.

You can create an account for the other user to access files on your mac, or have them "connect as" your user if that has sufficient privilege and sharing the password is not an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
You can use AFP or FTP, if you have an Airport Extreme, and not Airport Express.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Or if already have iChat you can send files back and forth using iChat Bonjour, just means both units have to run iChat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.