Opening documents!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Hi,

I got the following window opening "There is no default application to open the documents with - two buttons as choices> CANCEL CHOOSE APPLICATIOn"

Pressing choose application, non seems to be able to open that kind of document, or did I overlook an application! As it seems its an enhanced PDF zip file, any solutions to this?

I have an other issue with an other document; it says "The document is not in the right format" the only option you have is to click "OK", how to get this into a correct format?

Again related to this I have image files with continues numbering, that I cant seem to be able to open in the usual way. How to make such kind of image files visible?

{(I have tried to put together questions, that seem to me related to the same issues, to avoid posting similar kind of questions on the Forum(s)}!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do either (or both) of the documents have filename extensions? (usually three characters following a . ) On the first one, it's quite possible that you can't open it without additional software.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

thanks for the inputs...

I am trying to open some PDF and image files - I am not sure what those documents contain! I am often reading through PDF files, but these one's seem to be enhanced PDF files - maybe graphs/flash, but some of those PDF files seem normal text based files maybe with pictures!

I did try PDF preview, and Adobe Reader before posting this question...

I am not sure what the issue's here are, to be able to locate more appropriate add-ons/software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes both documents have filename extensions.

From the past I know, I did get from the same sender some enhanced PDF files with similar extensions, which had few medias in one file i. e. sketch, clip, graphs, and text.

In that case on my Windows laptop few media processing software would open to ask, which one I want to use...!

If that is now the case, how will this need to be handled on a Mac?

Also, how else, can I know if a file is an enhanced PDF or for that matter any other kind of file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes both documents have filename extensions.

Ok, from one literalist to another, great job answering that question! ;)
Now I have another: What are the extensions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.