Can I get back my MacOsx 10.6?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
old MacPro
Hi everybody,
first of all, pardon me, my english not very good and am new Mac user. I have one simple or maybe some stupid question regarding about Mac OSX.

My friend gifted to me MacbookPro early this year (version 2009) with Mac OSX 10.6 (he already upgrade his MacOS from 10.5 to 10.6).

Yesterday I faced some problem regarding my program software . I have very urgent design to submit on that day, I reformat and downgrade this MacPro (because that the only CD install that he gave --->MacOs10.5).

So how can I upgrade and get back MacOs 10.6. Did I need to purchase back 10.6? Because I want to upgrade Lion 10.7.

Thanks
Ms.Pening @__@

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
first of all, pardon me, my english not very good and am new Mac user. I have one simple or maybe some stupid question regarding about Mac OSX.

My friend gifted to me MacbookPro early this year (version 2009) with Mac OSX 10.6 (he already upgrade his MacOS from 10.5 to 10.6).

Yesterday I faced some problem regarding my program software . I have very urgent design to submit on that day, I reformat and downgrade this MacPro (because that the only CD install that he gave --->MacOs10.5).

So how can I upgrade and get back MacOs 10.6. Did I need to purchase back 10.6? Because I want to upgrade Lion 10.7.Thanks
Ms.Pening @__@

Yes you do unless you buy a Lion USB from Apple.

C

chas_m

As Germany_Chris says, you have two options:

1. Buy a Snow Leopard retail disk ($30US or local equivalent) and install it, then upgrade to 10.6.8 using Software Update, then buy Lion from the Mac App Store. It costs $30US and installs "in place."

2. Buy a Lion USB drive from Apple ($70). This is more expensive but saves time and provides a bootable backup of the system in case you need to re-install.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
old MacPro
Thank you guys.
i think i'm prefer Lion USB :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.