Member podcasts

C

chas_m

I have no idea if anyone on this forum does a podcast other than me, but I thought I'd start a thread in which members could promote their own podcasts or mention when new episodes are available.

I do two completely different podcasts: the first one is entirely my own creation, and the second is a group effort.

My own podcast is Chas' Crusty Old Wave, the MP3 version of which is available on iTunes or from the website. It consists of episodes of my old radio show from my college days at WPRK in Orlando/Winter Park FL (still one of the coolest stations around, you can listen to them on the web and everything!) and occasional all-new episodes -- whenever I'm in Florida they ask me back to pal around with the current DJs.

It's generally a couple of hours of 80s music -- more the album cuts and obscure bands, but also plenty of hit tunes, ska and punk from that era, and occasionally 90s stuff that was catching our ears at the time. I'm working on making an M4A enhanced podcast version with album/single art and better audio as well!

The second podcast is all about Doctor Who, my favourite TV show. It's called The Happiness Patrol and is a group discussion show about whatever's currently going on with the show, sometimes with celebrity interviews and such. Runs about an hour generally, with weekly-ish episodes when the show is actually on critiquing each new episode.

All right, that's me done. What about the rest of you?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I've thought about doing a podcast and this thread encourages to get off the stick . . . or I may just procrastinate some more. ;P

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've thought about doing a podcast and this thread encourages to get off the stick . . . or I may just procrastinate some more. ;P

Same here. Can't think of something that isn't being done. Doubt anyone wants to hear what I have to say.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Same here. Can't think of something that isn't being done. Doubt anyone wants to hear what I have to say.

Heck . . . most of the time I don't even want to hear what I have to say. ;D

OP
C

chas_m

I don't do a Podcast directly, but I do provide information maps for the podcast A History of English.

Very cool. I will definitely check that out, as I love language stuffs.

DO EEET.

Given that you're a fount of Mac knowledge here, maybe a short Mac Tips type podcast would be good for you. Yes, there are others ... but it depends on whether you think you could do it better or not, or fill a niche that's not being served/underserved .

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Given that you're a fount of Mac knowledge here, maybe a short Mac Tips type podcast would be good for you. Yes, there are others ... but it depends on whether you think you could do it better or not, or fill a niche that's not being served/underserved .

Thanks for the compliment. I was part of the podcast team on another site for a short time. It can be a very time intensive task. I need to get better at getting more consistent good audio recordings.

OP
C

chas_m

Yeah, investing in a decent mic is a must. I like Blue and their mics, I currently have a Snowball.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, investing in a decent mic is a must. I like Blue and their mics, I currently have a Snowball.

I had a couple of USB mice that seemed pretty good. In my case I think it is more a case of operator error. Idiot in the chair phenomenon so to speak. I've never liked the way my voice sounded when recorded but others seem to disagree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.