Iphone or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15"
Coming to the end of my contract with my mobile phone in the next month or so, so I was trying to weigh up my next move.

Do I either sign up to a contract for 18 months at £35 per month (£630 for 18 months), or do I (bearing in mind I don't use my mobile much for call and text purposes) cancel the contract altogether and get a pay-as-you-go mobile and an Ipod?

I could get the iphone on PAYG, but I'm guessing the data constraints are not ideal for something that relies so heavily upon internet-type stuff.

Excluding calls, does the Ipod do the same stuff as the iphone with apps and wi-fi, etc?

Ta :Smirk:

Reaction score
I love my touch..... I have a blackberry for a phone and other data stuff, the touch is for music, games and videos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MacBook Pro
My iPhone has changed the way I use my phone.

I never used to check email or browse the web on the move, nowadays i do it all the time. factor in the excellent camera and iPod feature and you have a fantastic little phone. Now i don't have to carry around separate cameras phone and ipods, I have it all in one device.

Seriously, go grab a 3G iphone with an unlimited data package and you'll never look back. I know a few people that have them now and they wouldn't swap them for all the tea in china.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I prefer a 2G unlock and have fun...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Coming to the end of my contract with my mobile phone in the next month or so, so I was trying to weigh up my next move.

Do I either sign up to a contract for 18 months at £35 per month (£630 for 18 months), or do I (bearing in mind I don't use my mobile much for call and text purposes) cancel the contract altogether and get a pay-as-you-go mobile and an Ipod?

I could get the iphone on PAYG, but I'm guessing the data constraints are not ideal for something that relies so heavily upon internet-type stuff.

Excluding calls, does the Ipod do the same stuff as the iphone with apps and wi-fi, etc?

Ta :Smirk:

go and get a prepaid plan 1.00 a day when you use it, nights free for as much calling as you want, maybe it will save you a bit of cash

Reaction score
go and get a prepaid plan 1.00 a day when you use it, nights free for as much calling as you want, maybe it will save you a bit of cash

That is an interesting take. Does that also include data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I don't think AT&T has pay as you go for iPhone.

I have Sprint Treo 755 and pay $40 after taxes each month.
I get unlimited Internet
Unlimited 7pm-7am calls
Unlimited weekend calls
450 minutes prime time

Granted, my plan is no longer available, but this is:
$69
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited 7pm-7am calls
Unlimited weekend calls
450 minutes prime time
unlimited text

I cannot see why I would benefit by paying $70+ for iPhone when they give me:
9pm - 6am nights

I like the iPhone, but i think it is overpriced, and I am not interested in paying a premium during this depression.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I like the iPhone, but i think it is overpriced, and I am not interested in paying a premium during this depression.

Good thing no one is forcing you into buying one.....:|

Get a PAYG and an iPod, you'll be better off in the long run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.