Projecting images

Reaction score
I use Keynote to show my images to a photo group.No problem projecting them. I want to be able to show group members photos with having to import them into Keynote. I try using Preview but the photos are not projected. How can I do that?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I want to be able to show group members photos with having to import them into Keynote.

You're going to need to explain this more clearly. Do you want to use Keynote to project the photos or not? You can setup a slide show of your photos with Preview or iPhoto.

OP
S
Reaction score
You're going to need to explain this more clearly. Do you want to use Keynote to project the photos or not? You can setup a slide show of your photos with Preview or iPhoto.

It doesn't matter what programme I use to project the images, my problem is that I can project Keynote slide shows, so I could import into Keynote but that takes time.
But when I open an image in Preview, it is shown on my laptop screen, but not projected.
Ideally I would like to plug in a memory stick and project using preview.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should be able to project whatever shows on your Notebook screen whether it's from Keynote or another program. I don't know what kind of projector you're using but you should be able to choose "mirror" mode from System Preferences, Displays and it will project to the screen.

OP
S
Reaction score
You should be able to project whatever shows on your Notebook screen whether it's from Keynote or another program. I don't know what kind of projector you're using but you should be able to choose "mirror" mode from System Preferences, Displays and it will project to the screen.

Thank you, that is just what I wanted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.